Port to Oculus Quest

S.L.P. image questions, stereoscopic video livestream and recording, stereoscopic photo capture etc.
stansky

Re: Port to Oculus Quest

Post by stansky »

Hi guys,

I am another new owner of the StereoPi Kit together with a Quest 2.

I am senior SW developer with experience in different fields and good general knowledge and skills for a lot of stuff but I am new to the Pi and the Quest worlds. Currently trying to learn how the things in Unity work.

So, how's the porting effort going on?
Can I help with some debugging/testing/analysis of a SW issue you are currently stuck with?
Are you sure it won't be easier to debug and identify the problem in the already working Go solution?

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Hi Stansky,
Current status:
1. We have a beta version for Oculus Quest, Based on Unity, supports MJPEG only at this moment.
2. We are trying to fix our Go application to run on Quest. We are looking al ALVR solution as an example, as they have a working app for Quest, and under the hood, they are using a similar approach (Mediacodec -> Surface) to deal with the h264
3. After finishing 1 and 2, we are planning to compile Android library to use with Unity as a provider of decoded h264 frames.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

UPD> Stansky, I wrote you an email to the address you used to register on this forum. Please answer :)
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator