not able to boot

StereoPi hardware discussion
Lion XL

not able to boot

Post by Lion XL »

I just started working with my stereo pi, and am finding it wont boot.

when it starts to boot it shows a white boot screen with two raspberry pis shown
when I press enter it switches to the terminal and display the following text:

[OK} started /etc/etc,local compatibility
starting terminate Plymouth boot screen...
starting hold until boot process finishes up....

any help would be appreciated

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: not able to boot

Post by Realizator »

Hi Lion XL,
As we mentioned in our Wiki, S.L.P. image is not intended for working with keyboard and mouse, but for remote access over admin panel (like you do it with your home router).
If you see white desktop, it just means that system can not detect cameras. As a rule, you need to check if you inserted your cameras right way. Simple rule: when inserting camera ribbons into the camera connectors, check that ribbon's contacts "looks" at the GPIO head. If you inserted them wrong way, then blue shields at the end of both ribbons looks at your GPIO head.
I've recorded detailed video guide with this process explanation. Right now it is in Russian, and I plan to translate it to English tomorrow.
At this moment in video I'm inserting first camera ribbon correct way.
At this moment I insert second connector WRONG way to explain this mistake.

I will update these links after translated version upload.
UPDATE:>> Here is a link to the English version of this video.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Lion XL

Post by Lion XL »

Got it, didn't see the anything mentioning the white screen. So it turns out the wide angle cameras aren't working. is there something I need to change to get those to work? Also, the camera end of the ribbon should have the blue facing the camera lens (the connector for the wide angle is oppoosite of the normal camera)?

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Lion XL wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:57 pm
Got it, didn't see the anything mentioning the white screen. So it turns out the wide angle cameras aren't working. is there something I need to change to get those to work? Also, the camera end of the ribbon should have the blue facing the camera lens (the connector for the wide angle is oppoosite of the normal camera)?
Wide angle cams should work right like V1 cameras. Just check correct installation of the ribbon to the StereoPi.
V1 and wide angle cams has different PCB and connector construction. But if you keep ribbon part inserted in the camera (as it is already inserted at the factory), this should work.

Yes, these cameras has different optics direction. If you put both of them with ribbons on the table, and contacts from both "free" side of ribbons look at you, then V1 camera will look to the table surface, and wide angle optics will look opposite direction.

If you can share a photo of your setup, it will help me to understand your case.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator