Ethernet port lamp not working

StereoPi hardware discussion
Hazemghamry

Ethernet port lamp not working

Post by Hazemghamry »

My stereopi was working fine then on the next day I opened it the power on led turned on and everything was fine but the ethernet port lamp ddnt turn on and when I tried to connect the stereopi to my tv screen with the hdmi cable it didn't work and the tv gave no signal so what might be wrong?

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: Ethernet port lamp not working

Post by Realizator »

Hi Hazemghamry ,
Can you please check, if your StereoPi boots without any external equipment connected?
I.e. disconnect everything, just leave Compute Module, micro SD, power and HDMI, and try to turn it on.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Hazemghamry

Post by Hazemghamry »

Still the tv gives me no signal although the power led is on

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

If one red light, near the camera connector, is blinking, it means system tries to boot. If it is blinking on your StereoPi?
If not - please check Compute Module is installed correctly (like described at the beginning of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KVbzQP ... e=youtu.be)
Also please check your micro SD is Ok. You can try to record a fresh SLP image. You can download it from the "Downloads" section in our Wiki (right bottom part), here: https://wiki.stereopi.com
Please notice, that "recording" means not just pasting a file to the micro SD, but recording it using a special software, like Win32DiskImager or Balena Etcher. All steps for the micro SD card preparation with the SLP Raspbian image are described here in our Wiki.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Hazemghamry

Post by Hazemghamry »

It was working fine but then this happened on the next day, I tried a different memory card with raspbian and it didn't work, and all the leds are blinking fine

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

We need to localize this problem.
Can you please test the system as I described in my previous post here?
Could you please also share a photo of your setup.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Hazemghamry

Post by Hazemghamry »

I did everything,I have two sd cards one with raspbian and one which came with it with the original slp image and both didn't work,I removed the module and put it again and it ddnt work and thats a picture for it(the leds are not blinking)
Attachments
175CE67E-3CE1-4A5F-8577-3C78EFADF625.jpeg
175CE67E-3CE1-4A5F-8577-3C78EFADF625.jpeg (2.92 MiB) Viewed 8729 times

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Hazemghamry thank you for your photo!
What happened to the HDMI connector?
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Hazemghamry

Post by Hazemghamry »

It broke a couple of months ago and it was working anf I didn't use it ever since I used VNC from my pc
I assume that the problem is in the compute module because I tried different sd cards and it didn't work so the problem is not in the software and the power is working fine, what do you think?

delgoodie

Post by delgoodie »

I had a similar problem, my hdmi connector came a little loose but all the solder connections are still secure, just the two large side pads. The power supply and sd card is perfect but I get no hdmi output and no ethernet lights, I can't tell whether the system boots, all three lights are solid red, no flashing. Don't know what to do?

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Dear Hazemghamry and Delgoodie,
I can suggest that unsoldered HDMI leads to some short circuits and other bad results. Let me suggest a replacement for you both. I've just sent you emails to the addresses you used for the registration on this forum. Please answer :-)
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Worasit Sangjan

Post by Worasit Sangjan »

I got the same problem about the HDMI port was not working. The three lights were always on after turning on the switch.

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Worasit Sangjan, if your HDMI connector sits fine on the board? Or you can see some parts are not soldered correctly (detached)?
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Worasit Sangjan

Post by Worasit Sangjan »

The HDMI is working well (I tested it with another StereoPi board). I did not see the issues about soldering.

aditya-sf

Post by aditya-sf »

Actually it seems like I am facing similar issue. My stereopi suddenly stopped working today and doesn't seem like the board is attempting to boot (all three red leds stay static no, no blinking). I don't see any soldering issues or components coming out and I did make sure that the compute module is inserted properly.
The SD card seems to be working fine since I booted using the same sdcard on another rasberrypi (I am using the raspbian image and not the SLP image). Attached is the picture of my board.
upload a photo

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Sorry for my late reply!
Aditya-sf , I see T-connector on your photo and hi-current wires from it. I hope they come from BEC, but not from the LiPo battery. Can you please confirm you are using 5V for powering the StereoPi?
I also mentioned you are using the GPIO powering method, but this should not be an issue. Can you please confirm, that both JST connector powering and micro USB powering methods give you the same result?
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

aditya-sf

Post by aditya-sf »

Yes the power is through BEC (5V output) and not from LiPo directly. I tried other methods of powering it but the same result.

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Aditya-sf and Worasit Sangjan, let me suggest you a replacement. I will send you the StereoPi board + CM3+ Lite. Please check your email (I use the address you used to register on this forum).
I will be pleased if after receiving the replacement you can do two tests:
1. Test the replacement setup (new StereoPi board + new CM3+ Lite)
2. Test new StereoPi board + old CM3+ Lite.
I'd like to understand, either your StereoPi is not working properly, or CM3+ Lite is broken.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator