Oculus Go livestream?

S.L.P. image questions, stereoscopic video livestream and recording, stereoscopic photo capture etc.
orotot

Re: Oculus Go livestream?

Post by orotot »

ok great - thanks for the info - that's kinda what i figured but wanted to be sure. i'll work on making them talk to each other. ty.

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

wildag wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:38 pm
I put in a request for bids on upwork.com. Received two believable bids for $1,500. One of them is a group from Ukraine. I've invited that group from the Ukraine to view this forum and the StereoPi project.

They're proposing that the project be built in Unity 3d - which I think is a good choice. That would provide a starting place me and other groups to integrate what they create into more complex applications (think menu systems, overlay information, logos, etc).

I'm willing to cost split on this - but I imagine this would make StereoPi very unique amongst the other options.
Wildag, I received estimations from several Russian teams, but their prices are higher. Let's start with the team you've found. If you a ready to share our costs, we can do it 50/50 (we pay 50%). If anybody else will decide to join to our small investors group (StereoPi + Wildag, we can call this group StereoDag :D ), we can recalculate our shares.
We are ready to start. What about you?
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

wildag

Post by wildag »

Yea. Let’s do it.

I’ll make a quick requirements doc - just to be sure we’re both on the same page about what we want the app to do. Then I’ll share it with you and the developer.

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

wildag wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:43 am
Yea. Let’s do it.

I’ll make a quick requirements doc - just to be sure we’re both on the same page about what we want the app to do. Then I’ll share it with you and the developer.
Could you please do it in Google Docs for collaborative editing?
UPD> you can send me a link to my forum nickname @gmail.com
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

orotot

Post by orotot »

i still get the black screen. i think i have a bad wifi dongle.

do u have any recommendations for wifi dongle model. can u share with me the specs for the one you used.

i want to try and reduce variables as much as possible.

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

orotot wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:25 pm
i still get the black screen. i think i have a bad wifi dongle.

do u have any recommendations for wifi dongle model. can u share with me the specs for the one you used.

i want to try and reduce variables as much as possible.
ororot, please do these steps:
1. Check if your wifi settings are correct:
- wifi_iface = wlan0
- wifi_ssid=your-access-point-name
- wifi_psk=yourpassword
2. If you have Android phone, install our application and run it. If application will find StereoPi in the network (automatically), your wifi works fine.
3. If you have no Android device, but have Windows 10 or iOS device, type in browser "stereopi.local" - after 10-20 seconds administration panel should appear
4. If it still not working - check this dongle on your computer.
5. If nothing helps, please read my answer about WiFi dongles in this forum thread
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

orotot

Post by orotot »

ok i sussed a solution.

connected the stereo pi via ethernet to tp-link Nano Router, then set then set up the Go to access the ssid from the router.

bingo. works perfectly!

woo-hoo!

very cool.

now time to build my sculpture! -

in terms of the unity development i'd be curious as whether multiple boards could be chained together to allow inputs from 4-6 cameras.

orotot

Post by orotot »

one question though - the images don't align in the headset - and on the screen they are not globes - but flat. is this the difference between the 3d and 2d settings?

orotot

Post by orotot »

sorry again - i should think before posting. wide angle camera - would be globe like. i have those at the studio.

thanks again - super pumped to be able to do this.

wildag

Post by wildag »

Realizator wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:28 pm
Could you please do it in Google Docs for collaborative editing?
UPD> you can send me a link to my forum nickname @gmail.com
Yea. I’ll start that doc later today and share it with you.

wildag

Post by wildag »

FYI, I shared the doc with you.

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

wildag wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:24 pm
FYI, I shared the doc with you.
Got it, thanks!
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

wildag, I'v updated task description document. Let's continue in a google docs.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

stereomaton

Post by stereomaton »

Realizor said in another thread that the project is paused because of lack of developer. Is there a place to see your specifications ?
Actually, I know a guy that was freelance last time I met him and who basically made some projects similar to this (with cameras, occulus and mobile). His situation changed and I suspect that he would not be able to work on it normally, but perhaps if you are not in a hurry he might work on it "slowly" as this kind of project would interest him. Of course it is just an assumption, but it might restart your project.
Stereophotographer and hacker
Despite my quite active participation in the forum, I am not in the StereoPi team
StereoPi (v1) Standard Edition + CM3Lite module + a few cameras

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Stereomaton, thank you for your proposal!
Luckily, we were able to find a developer several days ago. Yes, it was TOO LONG time for this search, and this surprises me and wildag. We hope that development will be done during August...
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Knochi

Post by Knochi »

Hi folkz,

today i tried to sideload the Oculus Go APK to my Oculus Quest. I used sidequest, the app appears under "unknown sources" but loads forever when I tried to launch. I also did the fix mentioned here, because after the last update some sideloaded app stopped working.

Raspberry with single camera and SLP image is running in the same network, works via browser from notebook and even from the oculus browser on the quest.

any ideas?

Cu
David

bhammy187

Post by bhammy187 »

Let me know if you get this working on the Oculus Qwest, I'd like to try it out as well. Thanks!

Vadym

Post by Vadym »

Hello everyone,
Today I tried to hook up my new Deluxe kit to an external monitor, and both cameras are working. But when I connect it to an Oculus go via ethernet, the picture appears completely green, like through a night vision binoculars. After I connected to a monitor again, and everything worked properly. Do you have any idea what’s wrong?

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Hi Vadym,
As our current application is not native, but ported Android version, there are some minor bugs.
“Green” image appears on android phones too. As a rule, this occurs when you re-open application from background mode. Please try to “kill” application, and start it when StereoPi is already connected to network. This case picture should be normal. Or try to reboot your Oculus.
Our native application development is in the process now.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Vadym

Post by Vadym »

Thanks, it's helped. Now everything functions properly. Waiting for a wifi dongle :)