Post by henrique_mg »

I am installing the screen 3.5 and gives this error
Attachments
Capturar35.PNG
Capturar35.PNG (58.03 KiB) Viewed 5726 times

stereomaton

Re: 3,5 sreeen

Post by stereomaton »

The error is just written in the log very explicitly: you do not have enough free space (to download the software your installer try to add).
What is the question?
Stereophotographer and hacker
Despite my quite active participation in the forum, I am not in the StereoPi team
StereoPi (v1) Standard Edition + CM3Lite module + a few cameras

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Yep, Stereomaton is right, not enough space.
Well, looks like a lot of peoples trying to install some more stuff to our S.L.P. image.
So today I'll prepare S.L.P. with not 2Gb, but 4Gb partition size. I'll put a link here. Hope it will help you to avoid this error.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

stereomaton

Post by stereomaton »

Realizator, it is possible to flash a ext4 partition with the bare minimum and then extend the FS to the whole partition with "resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p2". In the application I have in mind, we do it to extend the size available to the user to several GB based on a system image of 120MB.

I guess (not sure, not tested) that in the context of SLP, you could resize the partition in the partition table with fdisk (size computed based on the actual size of the SD it is written on, such as max(current size, N% of SD)) and use resize2fs to extend the filesystem to this new partition size, just before creating the FAT partition. It would give the combined advantage of small image to download, and wide space once written on the SD.
Despite my quite active participation in the forum, I am not in the StereoPi team

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Stereomaton, the idea of SLP is to create additional fat32 for storage. So if we use all space for Linux (read-only), we have no space for media files.
Your suggested logic for expanding is good, but I'm afraid it might not be "silver bullet" for all users. For example, someone can put this image on 2 Gb card, and you need to take this into account in formatting logic. :-)

Most of advanced Linus users will do it manually within several minutes. My task is to simplify this for the beginners.

So, I've increased partition size from 2Gb to ~3.9Gb now, and also fixed our run.sh script. In this script last partition block is hardcoded, so I've updated this number according to the new partition size. If you will not do it, but just increase partition size, SLP will go to "forever reboot".

henrique_mg, here is a link where you can download S.L.P. with 4Gb partition to avoid your "free space" issue:
Raspbian SLP with 4Gb Linux partition, Google Drive

Stereomaton, henrique_mg - I will be pleased if you can download and test this image. If there are no any issues, I'll do this image our "default" image for the future.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

henrique_mg

Post by henrique_mg »

the 4gb image was not enough
I put a 64GB card
Attachments
Capturar3.PNG
Capturar3.PNG (54.61 KiB) Viewed 5709 times

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Linux partition tooks 4Gb regardless of your micro SD card. In your case you’ll have 60Gb space for photo and video, and 4Gb for Linux.

Also, according to your photo, the problem is not with the fee space now.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

stereomaton

Post by stereomaton »

The installer script possibly try to install the software without updating the list of available packages in the repository, thus maybe it tries to download something that was updated between the last update and now.
Try to run "apt update" to update list list of packages before running your installer again.