trigger multiple pi's to take image

Other hardware discussion
Muktar013

trigger multiple pi's to take image

Post by Muktar013 »

GOAL: I would like to take a picture with 4 raspberry pis (eventually 2 StereoPi V2s) at the same time. I see there is a way to build a button that connects to a couple of GPIO pins and can trigger software to take an image (I can't find the exact post at this time). Can I just solder 3 more sets of wires onto the button to connect to all the Pi's so that when I press the button it triggers all the Pi's to take an image at the same time OR is there a better way to accomplish this goal?

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: trigger multiple pi's to take image

Post by Realizator »

Can this article in our blog help you?
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Muktar013

Post by Muktar013 »

This was the article I had found a while back and was thinking about when I asked this question. I was under the impression that the functionality in the article would only work with the Stereopi hardware but after reading the article again, it appears that I may be able to get everything to work without the Stereopis for now. I will try getting it all to work without the Stereopis for now and then try getting it all to work with my V2 Stereopis when they arrive. Thanks!

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

You can consider StereoPi as the Raspberry Pi with 2 cameras. I.e. you can use all software designed for the classic Raspberry Pi, plus use the second camera option. So your way (test the code on the Pi and then run it on StereoPi) is correct!
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator