Raspberry reboot yourself

Other hardware discussion
dragon

Raspberry reboot yourself

Post by dragon »

Raspberry reboot yourself when I take a series of shots with capture_continuous. It can take a few pictures, then reboot. Or can reboot immediatly after start script.
GPU memory 256, StereoPi with CM3+.
I use raspbian desktop. Maybe this is a big load for raspberry?
This could be because it is powered by a battery. But I connected it to the power adapter - everything is the same (I tried it 1 time).

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: Raspberry reboot yourself

Post by Realizator »

Hey Dragon,
In 99% of cases of a reboot under high load, the reason is the lack of power of the power source (not enough current provided).
We recommend using at least 2A PSU (and Raspberry says at least 2.4A). It is better to get a well-known (branded) power supply, as with the no-name and declared 3A you can actually get 1A current only.
As for the battery - if you are using the power bank, please choose the version with the 2.4A output. The default output current for a small USB power bank is just 1A. It's enough for the regular operation of the Pi, but not enough for the high load (like shooting and recording huge images).
Which PSU and battery are you using?
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

dragon

Post by dragon »

I use power bank Xiaomi 5.1V 2.4A. Power adapter 5V 2A.
Maybe the power bank voltage is dropping when raspberry have high load?

dragon

Post by dragon »

And I also have problem with wifi-dongle. It doesn't connect to some WiFi-network. But if I use RP 3B+, it connect good to network.