Batteries and typical power consumtion?

Other hardware discussion
JustSomeGuyTN

Batteries and typical power consumtion?

Post by JustSomeGuyTN » Wed May 01, 2019 6:23 pm

Is there any documentation yet on typical power consumption? Specifically what I am looking at is recording 3D to a USB thumb drive on the StereoPi for 8 hours. There will potentially be some bluetooth transmission because I want to control the StereoPi with an Android app on my phone. I will have to do my own app rather than the SLP because I want to add an e-ink panel on the GPIO of the StereoPi.

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: Batteries and typical power consumtion?

Post by Realizator » Wed May 01, 2019 7:00 pm

JustSomeGuyTN wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:23 pm
Is there any documentation yet on typical power consumption? Specifically what I am looking at is recording 3D to a USB thumb drive on the StereoPi for 8 hours. There will potentially be some bluetooth transmission because I want to control the StereoPi with an Android app on my phone. I will have to do my own app rather than the SLP because I want to add an e-ink panel on the GPIO of the StereoPi.
We conducted power consumption experiment.

Setup 1:
SterepoPi
CM3+ Lite
MicroSD
2 x Waveshare wideangle cameras
Connection: Ethernet
Settings: 1280x720 at 3MBit with 30 FPS

While livestreaming stereoscopic video and recording to MicroSD, all system consumes 0,7A (at 5V), using our SLP Raspbian image.

Setup 2:
All from Setup 1 + WiFi dongle Alfa Awus 036NEH (1 Watt!)
Systems consumes 0,9 A (at 5V) under the same conditions.

Notice
This is our results for described setup and load. Raspberry Pi recommends to use power source, able to provide at least 2,4A (@ 5V). If you will use other operating mode (like 3D games with GPU load, etc.), your power consumption may be different. We will be pleased if you will share your results with us!
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator