VR Camera Live Stream Super Low Latency Setup

Raspberry Pi cameras (V1, V2, wide angle etc), HDMI capture modules etc.
carletonustudent

VR Camera Live Stream Super Low Latency Setup

Post by carletonustudent »

Hello,

I am developing a system where I want to be able to use this kit below

https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Ste ... 2BZw%3D%3D

in conjunction with a RPi 4 to stream a live video from the two cameras to either an Oculus Quest 2 or preferably a HP Reverb 2.

If anyone has experience in this field help would be appreciated I will connect both the receiving and sending devices to a 5g hotspot to do the viewing over the 5g network so was wondering what protocol would be best too, i.e udp, rtsp, skybox cast, etc.

Again I appreciate the help thank you.

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: VR Camera Live Stream Super Low Latency Setup

Post by Realizator »

Hello carletonustudent,

To do this project you'll need to do two main steps:

1. Assemble the kit and test the stream to the Oculus Quest 2. We have an application for this helmet and a special SLP2 RaspiOS image, which can stream to Oculus out of the box.

2. The next step is to create a connection over 5G. Actually we have a hidden (not advertised yet) feature in SLP - it is ZeroTier network support. When you set this up on the SLP2 and on your local device or network, ZeroTier will do a magic and both remote StereoPi and your device will think that they are in the same local network, and "just work".

If you have other questions - let me know. I'll be glad to help you with this solution.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator