HQ Camera setting in SLP2 isn't working

Raspberry Pi cameras (V1, V2, wide angle etc), HDMI capture modules etc.
davidheiserca

HQ Camera setting in SLP2 isn't working

Post by davidheiserca »

I've connected the HQ cameras to my StereoPi V2 and configured SLP2 for the HQ cameras.

When I click the shutter, it acts like it's making an exposure (it takes a long time), but no jpg image is saved to the SD card. It will record an mp4 movie, however.

And if I set the camera setting to V2, it successfully saves an image.

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: HQ Camera setting in SLP2 isn't working

Post by Realizator »

Hi davidheiserca,
Is this issue still exist with the SLP2 0.11.14 release?
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

amphi

Post by amphi »

Unfortunately, even with firmware version 0.11.17, HQ recordings with 8112x3040 are not possible. When will the error be fixed?

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

amphi, thank you for this bug report. I need a bit more details to localize this issue.
When you set HQ resolution in the settings, SLP2 is unable to record the photo taken, right?
Could you please tell me:
1. If you are using admin panel for taking photos, what text is written at the bottom of the panel after clicking the “shot” button? Usually system writes the path to the last photo taken there.
2. When you taking photo, SLP2 stops video capture, takes photo and starts video streaming again. After restart of the video stream you can see ~1 second “blink” of the video and brightness auto-adjustment. If you see this, it means that the system is able to take a shot, but the issue is at the “save” stage.
3. Did you install the 0.11.7 to the fresh SLP2 download, or you already installed previous updates? You see, all our updates are “exhaustive”, i.e. each update includes all changes of the system from the very early version. It means you can install any version of the update and it should work fine. But, maybe some combination of the updates installation is causing this issue. I’m trying to repeat this issue on my setup, but still can’t do this - HQ settings works fine.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

amphi

Post by amphi »

i was able to find the error and fix it. It was due to the inadequate memory allocation with only 128 MB in the config.txt.
There I increased the value from 128 to 512 under gpu_mem
Photos with a resolution of 8112x3040 and Video 1920x1080 are now possible without any problems.

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Uh, usually 192 is enough.
In my setup I use 256 Mb (as I need it for some extremely specific features). We'll fix the default GPU memory in the next update!
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator