camera 1 cannot show image

StereoPi hardware discussion
GesirenNickZhang

camera 1 cannot show image

Post by GesirenNickZhang »

Hello,

I purchased a StereoPi starter kit. When using the two cameras in the box and running vcgencmd get_camera, I got supported=2 detected=1, so I went ahead to replace the undetected camera with an official Pi cam module.

When I run vcgencmd get_camera gain, it then showed "supported=2 detected=2".

When running raspistill -cs 0, a live video from a camera shows up.

When running raspistill -cs 1, it says:
mmal: mmal_vc_component_enable: failed to enable component: EN0SPC
mmal: camera component couldn't be enabled
mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
mmal: Failed to run camera app. Please check for firmware updates

My OS on the SD card is written from the Raspbian Buster OpenCV Image (Python Code) download on the wiki.

May I receive some help? Thank you for your time.
-N

Edit: The disenabled camera is connected to the port right next to the HDMI port.

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: camera 1 cannot show image

Post by Realizator »

Hi GesirenNickZhang,
Can you please check, if system behavior changes if you will swap cameras? Will your disenabled camera work in another CSI connector of the StereoPi?
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

GesirenNickZhang

Realizator wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:17 pm
Hi GesirenNickZhang,
Can you please check, if system behavior changes if you will swap cameras? Will your disenabled camera work in another CSI connector of the StereoPi?
Hey man,

I went back to my lab today and did more testing. The good camera + ribbon from yesterday was plugged into the CSI port near the HDMI port today and the image came up just fine. I then tried out several camera module + ribbon combinations on the other CSI port and was getting "supported=2 detected=1". The error message for raspistill is OV5647 and could not select camera: error 3.

To me it seems I only have one good camera module and the rest camera modules are both bad (including one from the starter kit). Any thoughts?

thanks,
-N

GesirenNickZhang

Hi,

I came back this morning and my thing magically works. Now let's hope it will keep working after I get longer ribbons.

N

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

GesirenNickZhang, I don't like magic while making... But I hope it will work for you. :-)
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

GesirenNickZhang

Realizator wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:02 pm
GesirenNickZhang, I don't like magic while making... But I hope it will work for you. :-)
I got a pair of RP HQ cams, while they are both supported and detected, when I run the raspistill -cs command, I got live video from one camera but just black screen from the other (yes I did remove the lens protector). Any idea why this is happening?

thanks

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

GesirenNickZhang, did you try to swap cameras, and run the same command again?
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

GesirenNickZhang

Realizator wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:06 pm
GesirenNickZhang, did you try to swap cameras, and run the same command again?
Hi,

I made a dumb mistake by closing the aperture all the way down :lol: It is all good now

Now I have several hundred MB worth of pictures needed to be exported, and I tried to save them onto my external USB drive but failed - when I drag the pictures into my drive, they refuse to get saved. Is there a way to save them at all?

Thanks

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

GesirenNickZhang, congrats on finding this iris issue! I got the same with my first HQ camera experiments :-)
As for your USB drive issue - are you able to copy any other files to your drive? I faced a similar issue when the USB drive was removed from Windows incorrectly. In this case, it can be seen as "read-only" by Raspberry OS (and by MacOS too, BTW).
To fix this you can insert it into your Win machine and eject it in the right manner (using the "eject" option).

If this does not help, could you please provide us more details (like the size of your flash drive and the file system type)?
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

GesirenNickZhang

Realizator wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:34 pm
GesirenNickZhang, congrats on finding this iris issue! I got the same with my first HQ camera experiments :-)
As for your USB drive issue - are you able to copy any other files to your drive? I faced a similar issue when the USB drive was removed from Windows incorrectly. In this case, it can be seen as "read-only" by Raspberry OS (and by MacOS too, BTW).
To fix this you can insert it into your Win machine and eject it in the right manner (using the "eject" option).

If this does not help, could you please provide us more details (like the size of your flash drive and the file system type)?
Hi, it made the ready-only go away but gave me the permission error instead. Anyway, I connected the board to the net via ethernet and uploaded my files to one drive so that I open access them elsewhere.

GesirenNickZhang

Realizator wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:34 pm

Hi,
I hope you are doing well, and thanks for blessing us with your awesome work. I am reaching out again regarding an issue I have while taking pictures with my HQ cameras. After I turn the camera livestream on and start taking stereo pair images (using basically the same code as your 1_test.py in the tutorials with some edits allowing me to take not just one but multiple pairs before breaking), one camera's live feed would freeze after I take a few images. My guess is that there is some bottlenecking happening somewhere - what could the problem be? I am happy to provide my code or anything else you need. Thanks again.
-N

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Wow.. the cameras should work exactly the same way.
- Please show us the code you are using to capture the images
- Are you using the HQ hardware sync trick?
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator