StereoPi schematics

StereoPi hardware discussion
Realizator
Site Admin

StereoPi schematics

Post by Realizator »

Some time ago we've opened PDF versions of the StereoPi schematics in our Wiki here:
https://wiki.stereopi.com/index.php?tit ... eoPi_board

Today I'm glad to inform you, that we have first release of KiCad StereoPi schematics.
It is uploaded to GitHub, and you can find it in our repo here:

https://github.com/realizator/stereopi-kicad-schematic
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

stereomaton

Re: StereoPi schematics

Post by stereomaton »

Wonderful.
I found easily the components I searched both on the Kicad project and on the actual board.

Unfortunately, the mod I wanted to do, to change USB otg/host automatically with cable plugged, will be trickier than I hopped as the related components are on the opposite sides. I planned to drill a hole to do it properly until I realized that it is a multi layered PCB thus not possible, especially because there is a VCC and GND plan in the middle. Still thinking...
Stereophotographer and hacker
Despite my quite active participation in the forum, I am not in the StereoPi team
StereoPi (v1) Standard Edition + CM3Lite module + a few cameras

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

stereomaton wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:54 pm
Wonderful.
I found easily the components I searched both on the Kicad project and on the actual board.

Unfortunately, the mod I wanted to do, to change USB otg/host automatically with cable plugged, will be trickier than I hopped as the related components are on the opposite sides. I planned to drill a hole to do it properly until I realized that it is a multi layered PCB thus not possible, especially because there is a VCC and GND plan in the middle. Still thinking...
Heh :-) Good idea. We've implemented this autodetection feature in our old board, developed in 2011 (it was 10 layers PCB). But for the StereoPi we decided to be as close to reference devboard as possible, with micro USB functions too. As an idea we can create some "advanced edition" with more features, like autodetection mode.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

cjonesy20

Post by cjonesy20 »

Do you have schematics for Altium that you could release? Unfortunately I can't import from KiCAD to Altium.

stereomaton

Post by stereomaton »

The schematics are already published in PDF. Also, the kicad suite is a free software (both like in liberty and in price) so you can easily install it to inspect the design (which would not be possible with Altium).
These are two possible ways to have access to the schematics before realizator answers.
Stereophotographer and hacker
Despite my quite active participation in the forum, I am not in the StereoPi team
StereoPi (v1) Standard Edition + CM3Lite module + a few cameras

rosejohn

Post by rosejohn »

StereoPi KiCad schematics. Contribute to realizator/stereopi-kicad-schematic development by creating an account on GitHub.