USB not functioning after some hours and need to reset the pi

StereoPi hardware discussion
parsaee_m

USB not functioning after some hours and need to reset the pi

Post by parsaee_m »

Hi. I am using the StereoPi with 32 eMMC to capture multiple images every 15 min. I use a WIFI dongle to connect to internet and access the pi remotely. The pi is always on and the scripts are run every 15 min as assigned in crontab. However, after some hours of being on (like 6 hours or more), the wifi is turn off and I realize it is because the USB ports are get off. Furthermore, both cameras have been worked but it seems sometimes they did not capture anything. Could you please help me with this issue? How can I make sure that USB will not off?

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: USB not functioning after some hours and need to reset the pi

Post by Realizator »

Hello parsaee_m,
When your Pi is losing the WiFi connection and USB are not working, could you please check the Ethernet port is still working? If not - it means StereoPi switched power mode to a special one, and the USB/LAN hub is powered off. In 99% cases this is caused by overheat. Are you using your board in enclosure? Could you please share a photo of your setup?

If Ethernet is still working, this might be another issue (like WiFi dongle issue, or driver issue, etc.). Using Ethernet is't possible to connect by SSH and try to localize the issue.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator