Problems capturing still images

SLP v2 RaspiOS image discussion
GrahamF

Problems capturing still images

Post by GrahamF »

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. We've got a couple of StereoPi v2s which we want to use for capturing stereoscopic still images. We're having the same problem with both. Using SLP2, as soon as it boots up it starts recording video. I can connect in via wifi and access all the menus etc. If I click the "stop recording" it stops for a couple of seconds then starts recording again. Apart from that brief period after stopping the recording the "take a shot" button is disbaled, and even then clicking it doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions? Thanks

GrahamF

Re: Problems capturing still images

Post by GrahamF »

I've made some progress on this. Realised that I wasn't running the latest firmware, and updating that has fixed the problem with video starting automatically. I've now run into a different issue - the image from the cameras isn't displayed on the remote device (I've tried both smartphone and laptop). It is displayed on the TFT on the back of the StereoPi and on the HDMI output. I get an error pop up - "Probably a network error, is the server down?: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource". Capturing images isn't working either - it just says "failed" at the bottom of the screen. I'll keep trying!

GrahamF

Post by GrahamF »

A little bit more progress (for a while). I reimaged the SD card, installed the latest firmware, and for a while I was getting the image feed from the StereoPi displayed in the web interface. I was able to take one image that recorded on to the USB drive, but shortly afterwards the image feed disappeared and the network error came back. I've tried reimaging again but this time it was giving the network error from the start. We've got 2 StereoPi's and I'm getting the same problem with both, so doesn't look like it's a hardware issue.

Blinky

Post by Blinky »

After flashng the Stereopi Image to the Stereopi, do you use the rpiboot again and edit config.txt and the cosmostreamer.conf files?

Regards

peterfiabigron

Post by peterfiabigron »

Hi,
I have similar message when I try to connect with smartphone, but for me video and still both can be captured. I have an other issue and a solution for overexposure, I am just going to post it here in other topic