Keeps rebooting.

SLP v2 RaspiOS image discussion
Blinky

Keeps rebooting.

Post by Blinky »

Finally got around to using the version 2 of the Stereopi and I've tried both versions, the beta and regular of the SLP 2 and the stereopi gets to the Stereopi screen but then reboots. When the SLP was flashed using the RPI imager it occasionally changed the values for passwords in the RPI imager settings. I reinstalled the RPI imager with no changes in the results. Tried many times and ways over the last day with no positive results .

Also tried flashing it with Balena etcher and it worked but I did not know how to get it to connect to the network afterwards. The compute module has an emmc so I cannot use an SD card. The wifi compute module was removed from working in a Waveshare I/O board,

Flashed it with the cv image and it works just fine other than the top USB recepticle does not want to cooperate with my keyboard.

It is new out of the box and I do not know what to do next. Was hoping to do better than a 20 second response time that the cv image and my naviette can best conspire to produce.

I remember the SLP on the cm3 was a pretty slick piece of work and there is much there to explore with the cm4.

Hope someone has seen this rebooting issue before and has a solution.

Seasons Greetings

PS the cm4 had been set up boot off an nvme could that be part of the problem?

Blinky

Re: Keeps rebooting.

Post by Blinky »

It appears that the RPI imager has developed an aversion to the SLP v2. After flashing it goes into a rebooting loop when I tried it.

After much gnashing of teeth, I resorted to reading the manuals and discovered that the file cosmostreamer.conf is the key to the kingdom.

To the solve the problem;

run rpiboot as usual
Flash with Balena Etcher
run rpiboot again
Edit config.txt and cosmostreamer.conf
Save and you are away.

Merry Christmas

Blinky

Re: Keeps rebooting.

Post by Blinky »

PS Use a USB 2 outlet on the computer, USB 3 was uncooperative.

and Happy New Year