SLP2 FAQ

SLP v2 RaspiOS image discussion
Realizator
Site Admin

SLP2 FAQ

Post by Realizator »

1. Where can I get the full SLP2 RaspiOS image?
You can download the full image here.
Please note, that using this link you'll get the full RaspiOS image (~800MB).

2. Is my SLP2 up to date? What is the latest SLP2 version?
You can find the latest version number by following this link.
Here you can find the changelog.

3. Where can I download the latest update?
You can download the latest update using this link.

4. Is there any guide for the SLP2?

Yes, please find this guide in our Wiki.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

davidheiserca

Re: SLP2 FAQ

Post by davidheiserca »

What's the difference between stereopi-*.csuf and cosmostreamer-ng-*.csuf ?

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

SLP2 is the special version of Cosmostreamer RaspiOS, focused on stereoscopic features. If you install the cosmostreamer-ng-*.csuf, you'll get the Cosmostreamer image without the specific StereoPi settings, which is useless.

It is better to install only the stereopi-*.csuf update files. All links on our Wiki are pointing to "stereopi-*.csuf" files.

BTW, Cosmostreamer desktop apps (for Mac and Windows) can be used with SLP2-equipped StereoPi out of the box.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Lion XL

Post by Lion XL »

Hi I've been trying to get the stereo pi to booty but have been unsuccessful, I am getting an error during and can't even to a command line.
However when I use the sd card a raspi 2 it loads and I can get to web page (nothing really works but it does boot and run).

The error I am getting is:
brcm-pcie fd5000000.pcie: link down
mmc0: error -110 whilst initializing SD card

I see various related stuff but nothing that has the same error, any ideas what could be the issue?

Lion XL

Post by Lion XL »

OK, I was able to get it to boot by using a different SD card ( a rather cheap 32gb ONN ) and reinstalled everything and it was able to boot.

Although i'm not too familiar with the specifics, it seems as RPI4 has issues with certain SD cards (Primarily sandisk from what I can tell).

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Lion XL, could you please try to record SLP2 image on the original card?
I'm trying to understand, is this a micro SD issue, or the supplier's image recording method issue.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

We prepared the big update for the SLP2. The updated image is available on our download page under the name beta-version-slp2-0.11.19.zip The size is 850Mb. It is recommended to write the full image to the micro SD card.

Key fixes:
1. Kernel updated to fix the "magenta issue" for Sony-based cameras (IMX219, IMX477)
2. HQ camera photo mode fixed
3. Extended video conversion options added (MP4, MKV for 3D upload to YouTube, TS container with the audio support).
4. Camera warm-up time moved to parameters. By default, it is 500ms, which sometimes is not enough for the camera to auto-adjust settings in the overlight conditions.
5. Video freeze in administration panel fixed (Safari browser issue).
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

amphi

Post by amphi »

Hello Realizator, I installed the beta-version-slp2-0.11.19.
However, there is no stereopi.conf in this update.
Am I doing something wrong or is it the wrong file?

MJB83

Post by MJB83 »

I purchased a Stereo PI V2 and II have been unable to boot the Stereo Pi, I am new to using a PI and followed the online tutorial.

I have added the operating system (beta-version-slp2-0.11.19) on a micro SD card, when I boot the system it is just a black screen with the following error message:

1.7653611] brcm-pcie fd500000.pcie: link down

1.9478671] hub 2-0:1.0: config failed, hub doesn't have any ports! (err -19)

4.7156931] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] No Caching mode page found

4.7157721] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through

I completely lost here. I have looked online for solutions and can't seem to find out what the issue is. I have also tried the micro sd card issued with the package, as well as being a brand new micro SD card to see if that would work and nothing, with the same error.

Could some please advise on what I can do?

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Hi MJB83,

In most cases the issue is poor camera ribbon cable connection, or CM4 connection. Since you are talking about tscreen messages, I guess you have a monitor connected, so you can do a few tests.

Since you are new to Pi, let's go a bit simpler way for the hardware test.

1. Please use another micro SD card from the kit with the OpenCV image. This RaspiOS image is designed for the monitor/keyboard/mouse mode and will simplify your first tests.

2. Please disconnect all equipment from the StereoPi (like tiny screens, buttons, etc). Just keep CM4, cameras and keyboard/mouse. Please check CM4 sits firmly!

3. Boot the device. After boot you should see the desktop. Run terminal, and type this command:

raspistill -cs 0

If you see the 5 seconds image preview - your first camera is working fine.

Then run this command:

raspistill -cs 1

If you see the image preview on the screen, youre second camera is fine too.

Please try these steps and let me know how it is going.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

MJB83

Post by MJB83 »

Hi Realizator,

I’ve managed to get the OpenCV image file to boot on with the desktop running and I am using a monitor via hdmi.

The beta-version slp2.01.11.19 that’s not booting with the same error message.

have added the operating system (beta-version-slp2-0.11.19) on a micro SD card, when I boot the system it is just a black screen with the following error message:

I am unable to achieve booting slp2 to use the SLP2 interface use and see the stereopi.local

Any suggestions on what to do?

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Hello MJB83,

1. Could you please confirm that with OpenCV image you have a success with 'raspistill -cs 0' and 'raspistill -cs 1' tests? That's important.

2. For the SLP - did you try another micro SD card?

3. Try this thing. After recording the SLP2 image to the micro SD card, connect this card to your PC again to see the /BOOT partition files. Download the latest update file using this link and copy it to the BOOT part of the card. This is a way to update your SLP2 without booting. After that, please try to boot again.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

MJB83

Post by MJB83 »

Hi Realizator,

Just to confirm that it was successful with OpenCV running raspistill -cs 0 & raspistll -cs 1 test ok for both cameras.

I have tried your recommendation for SLPs image using the existing and brand new SD by copying the stereo.csuf file to the boot card on a few occasions with no luck. the same error message on system boot during startup:

Also the screen goes black for around 3 to 5 secs showing the following:

/boot/splash.png: loading FAILED

this displayed at the bottom of the screen, then back the the original error message. All in all the same as before?

MJB83

Post by MJB83 »

Hi Realizator,

Do you have any recommendations/update on my SLP2 not working? I really need to Hager this up and running for a project I am working on.

Is there another version of StereoPi worth buying to get this feature running?

Any update would be greatly appreciated.

MJR2022

SLP2 and CM4 with 32GB eMMC

Post by MJR2022 »

Hi Realizator,

I'm struggling to get my Stereopi v2 to boot. I have mounted the CM4 eMMC on Mac OS via the terminal using the below guide:

https://www.jeffgeerling.com/blog/2020/ ... mc-usbboot

This allows me to use the Raspberry Pi Imager to find the eMMC under the storage button. I downloaded the img file here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nzr90vj8wp1l3/SLP

I can only use the file called slp2-0.8.19.img.zip because both the OpenCV image and the beta version both give the attached error when I go to write to the eMMC.

I write the slp2-0.8.19 image successfully, then when I go to boot, it starts, but doesn't complete and I get the attached messages in an endless loop.

Please can you let me know how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
tempImagekw1UzA.gif
tempImagekw1UzA.gif (5.18 MiB) Viewed 13804 times
tempImagev1fP6t.gif
tempImagev1fP6t.gif (5.42 MiB) Viewed 13804 times
tempImageX0q2H6.gif
tempImageX0q2H6.gif (4.94 MiB) Viewed 13804 times
Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 16.51.51.png
Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 16.51.51.png (140.64 KiB) Viewed 13804 times

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Hey MJR2022,

Older SLP V1 (i.e. slp2-0.8.19.img.zip) won;t work with StereoPi V2, since this version is old and doesn't know about CM4 existence. Thus it's not booting.

Did you try to unarchive image file first, and record it to the eMMC then?

Your screenshot says you're on Mac. I'm using Balena Etcher, and it writes both images from the "mediaflare" successfully. Could you please check it this way?
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator