Vertical Misalignment

StereoPi v2 hardware questions
dnaman

Vertical Misalignment

Post by dnaman »

Can anyone confirm that the only way to fix vertical misalignment of the two images is by adjusting the hardware.

I had thought there was a way to do it in the software but I can't find it.

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: Vertical Misalignment

Post by Realizator »

Hi dnaman,

If you are using StereoPi with OpenCV, then you can use calibration procedure. After that you'll get aligned images even if they were vertically misaligned.

If you are using StereoPi for the stereoscopic photo, you can also use post-processing tools like Stereo Photo Maker. Take a look at the "Processing the photos" section in this article.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

dnaman

Re: Vertical Misalignment

Post by dnaman »

Thanks, Eugene. I don't even know what OpenCV is .... afaik I'm using SLP2. I think I have some swatting-up to do.

I'm "playing" again. This time with macro. I've made a new camera mount plate and I'm using the original RPi cameras so that I can adjust their positions and also angle them inwards. But there's no adjustment, of course, on those cameras for sensor position. I can shim the whole camera if necessary though.

(Unfortunately, because of some local "circumstances", I only get time on this stuff at sporadic intervals and have to re-learn it all each time :( )