Compatibility with NOIR wide v3

StereoPi v2 hardware questions
wywarren

Compatibility with NOIR wide v3

Post by wywarren »

Hi,

I current have two of these:
https://www.elektor.com/raspberry-pi-ca ... ule-3-noir Which were released fairly recently. I tried installing them and running with the stock OS on the green sticker SD card in the kit, but both weren’t detected. After switching to the provided cameras it worked out of the box. If there something extra that I need to do to rebuild the OS with compatible drivers?

Besides the getting started wiki, are there other helpful pages I should look at to get started?

I’m trying to build a vertically aligned stereo camera configuration for facial capture.

I’ll be printing my own acrylic case soon for this module but wanted to make sure I could R&D with my NOIR filter cameras as well.

Thanks!

wywarren

Re: Compatibility with NOIR wide v3

Post by wywarren »

Looking through the forums it looks like it’s not fully implemented due to the compatibilities with libcamera. I’ll dig into it later to see if I can contribute but just seeing if there are any other instructions to use the including onboard green sticker SD OS with the cameras both rotated 90 degrees in the hdmi out stitch. Also wondering if there are tutorials on how to connect the hardware preview display and instructions on the interface to trigger start and stop record with the green sticker OS.

Thanks!

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Hi wywarren,

You are right. All V3 cameras need libcamera-based approach, but our SLP2 is built on older MMAL subsystem. We are working on the newer version now.

As for the "green sticker OS" - it's SLP2, and you can find some more details on it in our Wiki.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

wywarren

Post by wywarren »

With the sample code with stereo capture, I think the footage from both cameras are stitched into one image if I'm not mistaken. Does the CM4 module have enough computer power to capture two 720p 60fps streams simutaneously? I'm trying to setup a stereo capture setup for facial capture.