180×180 Apple tree fisheye test

Share your projects and ideas with the community!
stereomaton

180×180 Apple tree fisheye test

Post by stereomaton »

This photo was made by using a pair of wide-angle (187° circular fisheye) SOHO cameras mounted on the stereomaton (in automated mode). Although any additional filters were applied, the exposure is not good and the color balance is worst (bigger artifacts manually corrected afterwards). I think there is a bug in the stereo color balance of raspberry-pi, I should try to disable it to see if we obtain better results when I will have access to my StereoPi again.
Actually a few degrees are cropped because seeing the other lens cause rivalry. Hugin was used to transform the projection into equirectangular (to be seen with hemispherical viewer) and align the photographs as the optical center of the two lenses are not perfectly centered on the sensors. I saw too late that the right lens was not focused, but the photo is viewable nonetheless.
It was converted into a (static) video with VR180 metadata and uploaded to youtube: https://youtu.be/kyFEXxOQOXs
Stereophotographer and hacker
Despite my quite active participation in the forum, I am not in the StereoPi team
StereoPi (v1) Standard Edition + CM3Lite module + a few cameras