Any Case Kit False/misleading advertising?

BobbyBadBoy

Any Case Kit False/misleading advertising?

Post by BobbyBadBoy »

I bought the AnyCase Kit and I have a stereopi V2 and literally, NONE! of the screw holes line up at all. Complete waste of money.

The Anycase kit webpage says "compatible cameras V1 and V2" so this makes it sound like it will work with the stereopi V2, but apparently its talking about something else completely. Very disappointed. I will have to drill holes on all this stuff. waste of time and money. 40 dollars for a few pieces of plywood isnt exactly cheap.

Also, please consider clarifying on your web page/product description that this anycase kit is absolutely and entirely incompatible with the stereopi V2.

:x

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: Any Case Kit False/misleading advertising?

Post by Realizator »

Hey BobbyBadBoy,

Wow, sorry for this mislead. AnyCase kit has been developed for the V1 StereoPi board. I didn't spor that V1 and V2 cameras mention can lead you to the wrong direction.

What I'm going to do:

1. Please write me an email to [my_nickname]@gmail.com with your address. I'll send you a set of hardware used in the StereoPi V2 Camera Kit for the assembly:
accessories_v2.jpg
accessories_v2.jpg (13.99 KiB) Viewed 10440 times
2. I will be pleased if you can send me a direct link to the page which confused you, and I'll fix the AnyCase description!
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

BobbyBadBoy

Post by BobbyBadBoy »

Ok, great thanks for the response and kind help I was not expecting any help so I may have come off as rude.

https://stereopi.com/anycase
"SUPPORTED CAMERAS: V1, V2 AND WAVESHARE G, M"

I have to explain why this can be confusing, because first of all, I have dyslexia, but it is also important to note that this sentence is confusing in a scenario in which a person is barely learning about the different products offered and is not aware of all the camera options or all the stereopi product options.
So for example, to improve this sentence I would just list out the full name of the products supported. For example,

"Supported cameras:
1. Official Raspberry Pi Camera V1
2. Official Raspberry Pi Camera V2
3. Waveshare Camera G
4. Waveshare Camera M

it is important to list it out because not everybody knows what "waveshare" is. a brand? a model? is the camera called G,M? or is it two cameras by the same company?
Now that I know more about this stuff the sentece does not seem as confusing, but it was back then.

I will send the email separetely. I also bought the steel case for the stereopi V2 with the RPI official HQ camera, and both of my IR filters came scratched. I will also include that in my email. but I do also have the Arducam 64Megapixel camera which is in the smaller form factor (M12 lens form factor) so i do also want the stuff you mentioned above.

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Hello BobbyBadBoy,

Thank you for the detailed reply! I hope you'll get your replacement package soon! :-)

I'll remaster the AnyCase page to clarify the supported versions of cameras and StereoPi. Thank you very much!
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator