What chnges in SPL image to use CM3 4GB eMMC Flash?

Other software discussion
gatuno

What chnges in SPL image to use CM3 4GB eMMC Flash?

Post by gatuno »

Hi everyone.
While my StereoPi arrives, I want to buy my RaspberryPi Compute Module, but I only find the previous model available (CM3 4GB eMMC Flash). What changes would have to be made to the SLP image to install it with so little storage in eMMC? I suspect that the obvious thing is to use the SD card to store the photos and videos, but what else would you have to do?

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: What chnges in SPL image to use CM3 4GB eMMC Flash?

Post by Realizator »

gatuno wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:23 pm
Hi everyone.
While my StereoPi arrives, I want to buy my RaspberryPi Compute Module, but I only find the previous model available (CM3 4GB eMMC Flash). What changes would have to be made to the SLP image to install it with so little storage in eMMC? I suspect that the obvious thing is to use the SD card to store the photos and videos, but what else would you have to do?
Gatuno, we've optimized our SLP image, and Linux part needs 2Gb of storage only. So if you will upload it to eMMC, all other space (another 2Gb) will be automatically formatted to FAT32 for storage. Please notice, you can use either eMMC, or MicroSD. They use the same SDIO, like on original Pi Development Board. You may use USB dongle for additional storage.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: What chnges in SPL image to use CM3 4GB eMMC Flash?

Post by Realizator »

Gatuno, JFYI here is a manual for uploading Raspbian to eMMC in our Wiki.

UPD> Similar question about using our OpenCV image with 4 Gb eMMC CM3.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator