Video Streams Not Working

S.L.P. image questions, stereoscopic video livestream and recording, stereoscopic photo capture etc.
wildag

Video Streams Not Working

Post by wildag »

I just received the stereopi deluxe kit. Installed the two wide angle cameras. Connected the USB -> power cord. Inserted a EDiMax Wifi dongle. Added the WLAN0 configuration to stereopi.conf on the provided SD card. Inserted that card into the stereopi. Found the stereopi on my wifi network.

I can see the stereo pi web console. I can save settings. When I refresh the settings stick.

When I enable RTSP Link I get not response from an RTSP viewer.

When I enable browser stream, I see no video in the web console (it appears that maybe I should see it).

When I enable UDP streaming and use streamer on my mac, I get no video.

I can use the stereopi web UI to access the console. The only obvious error is in dmsg

"Unknown hub control request type or invalid typeReq: c033h"

Any ideas?

wildag

Re: Video Streams Not Working

Post by wildag »

continued.... When I enable RTSP link, I can telnet to port 554. TCP session is opened, so network connectivity looks good.

Blinky

Post by Blinky »

Check that the camera cables are in correctly. Also try to hook a monitor up with the hdmi and you should see at least one camera until you set 3d in the admin area.

Hope that helps.
Regards,
Blinky

wildag

Post by wildag »

I tried the HDMI port and found the same stereo pi logo.

I found that the camera side of the cables were in backwards. Whooops!!

After correcting the cables, the unit started rebooting on startup. I found that my laptop didn’t supply enough power to sustain the stereopi. So I tried it with an apple usb charger and it’s working great!

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

wildag wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:26 am
I tried the HDMI port and found the same stereo pi logo.

I found that the camera side of the cables were in backwards. Whooops!!

After correcting the cables, the unit started rebooting on startup. I found that my laptop didn’t supply enough power to sustain the stereopi. So I tried it with an apple usb charger and it’s working great!
Wildag, sometimes I repeat this mistake too :-) I'm glad you've localized and solve this little problem.

Blinky, thank you for your help!
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Blinky

Post by Blinky »

Found out the standard browser in the Samsung S10e android phone cannot see the browser stream. Using the Chrome browser on the same phone solved the problem.

Happy New Year

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Hi Blinky,

In the latest release of SLP2 (0.12.4) we've updated the video decoding part in the administration panel, and now it works with most of the browsers by default.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator