Video Streams Not Working

S.L.P. image questions, stereoscopic video livestream and recording, stereoscopic photo capture etc.
wildag

Video Streams Not Working

Post by wildag » Sat May 04, 2019 9:50 pm

I just received the stereopi deluxe kit. Installed the two wide angle cameras. Connected the USB -> power cord. Inserted a EDiMax Wifi dongle. Added the WLAN0 configuration to stereopi.conf on the provided SD card. Inserted that card into the stereopi. Found the stereopi on my wifi network.

I can see the stereo pi web console. I can save settings. When I refresh the settings stick.

When I enable RTSP Link I get not response from an RTSP viewer.

When I enable browser stream, I see no video in the web console (it appears that maybe I should see it).

When I enable UDP streaming and use streamer on my mac, I get no video.

I can use the stereopi web UI to access the console. The only obvious error is in dmsg

"Unknown hub control request type or invalid typeReq: c033h"

Any ideas?

wildag

Re: Video Streams Not Working

Post by wildag » Sat May 04, 2019 9:57 pm

continued.... When I enable RTSP link, I can telnet to port 554. TCP session is opened, so network connectivity looks good.

Blinky

Post by Blinky » Sat May 04, 2019 10:41 pm

Check that the camera cables are in correctly. Also try to hook a monitor up with the hdmi and you should see at least one camera until you set 3d in the admin area.

Hope that helps.
Regards,
Blinky

wildag

Post by wildag » Sun May 05, 2019 12:26 am

I tried the HDMI port and found the same stereo pi logo.

I found that the camera side of the cables were in backwards. Whooops!!

After correcting the cables, the unit started rebooting on startup. I found that my laptop didn’t supply enough power to sustain the stereopi. So I tried it with an apple usb charger and it’s working great!

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator » Sun May 05, 2019 9:04 am

wildag wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:26 am
I tried the HDMI port and found the same stereo pi logo.

I found that the camera side of the cables were in backwards. Whooops!!

After correcting the cables, the unit started rebooting on startup. I found that my laptop didn’t supply enough power to sustain the stereopi. So I tried it with an apple usb charger and it’s working great!
Wildag, sometimes I repeat this mistake too :-) I'm glad you've localized and solve this little problem.

Blinky, thank you for your help!
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator