Frame rate always around 18 FPS

S.L.P. image questions, stereoscopic video livestream and recording, stereoscopic photo capture etc.
amphi

Frame rate always around 18 FPS

Post by amphi »

Hello,
I have made various attempts with video recordings with a resolution of 1920x1080. Regardless of which frame rate I set between 20 and 40, the videos are always created with around 18 FPS. The file size must also increase with increasing frame rate, but this remains approximately the same. What am I doing wrong? Or where is the mistake?

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: Frame rate always around 18 FPS

Post by Realizator »

Hi amphi,

Which cameras are you using? Could you also please share other settings you are using for the video recording.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

amphi

Post by amphi »

Hi Realizator,
I use HQ cameras in conjunction with SLP2 0.12.4
After many more attempts, I have now succeeded in making video recordings with 30 and 48 FPS. However, after that I couldn't make any videos at all. No matter what settings I made, rebooted or not. Photos went perfectly, however. I cannot explain why the camera recorded only at 18 FPS or not at all for a few days. Unfortunately, the error cannot be reproduced.
My guess is that it is less due to the camera settings and more to the device settings under Recording. After deactivating the checkboxes there, it worked again. Currently only TS file recording does not work anymore. When I activate this checkbox, the camera does not record any video. Before that, I was able to record with TS, but the sound was poor.
In which files are the device and camera settings saved?

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Hi amphi,

All video-related settings are stored in the stereopi.conf file.

You see, in some cases, the combination of the specific settings can cause this issue, but we are not able to reproduce them too, so they are difficult to catch and fix.

As for the HQ camera, I remember that the sensor mode is the thing that can greatly affect the real FPS.

I will be pleased if you can share your current settings (with not-working TS recording), i.e. stereopi.conf and cosmostreamer.conf. Please delete your wifi network name and password :-) I will try to repeat this issue on my setup and compare it with the reference settings to find this issue.

(you can send me your config files to [mynickname]@gmail.com if you don't like to upload them to the forum).
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

amphi

Post by amphi »

Hi Realizator,
could the problem possibly lie with the conversion of ts to mp4 file?
Attachments
Zwischenablage01.jpg
Zwischenablage01.jpg (27.44 KiB) Viewed 8600 times
Zwischenablage TS.jpg
Zwischenablage TS.jpg (44.15 KiB) Viewed 8600 times
Zwischenablage MP4.jpg
Zwischenablage MP4.jpg (43.55 KiB) Viewed 8600 times