StereoPi application not found SLP

S.L.P. image questions, stereoscopic video livestream and recording, stereoscopic photo capture etc.
MarcelC

StereoPi application not found SLP

Post by MarcelC »

Hello all.
I am doing SLP tests on a Raspberry 3 while waiting for the delivery of my StereoPi V2.
I have a problem with the StereoPi app for Android: it cannot find SLP! However, the connection with the IP address works.
My router's DHCP assigns IP addresses from 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.250 (with 0). Usually, 192.168.1.xxx is used (with 1). Is this the cause of the problem?
Thank you in advance for your answer
Marcel d'Alsace en France

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: StereoPi application not found SLP

Post by Realizator »

Hi MarcelC,
Our Android app is rather old and designed for the SLP v1. The video format is compatible, but the signalling part (handshake, network discovery etc.) has been updated. The latest app was designed for the Oculus Quest, and we'll do an Android app soon.

To do the fast test you can turn on the live stream using the "UDP stream" field, and put an IP address of your Android phone and a port 3000 to the appropriate field, like 192.168.1.173:3000
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

MarcelC

Post by MarcelC »

Thank you Eugene for your quick reply.

I had already tested the direct stream with VLC. It works but the latency time is a bit long (about 1s).

I will wait a little longer (I have been waiting for my StereoPi V2 kit since April ...) until the new versions of the applications are available.

I also develop in Android. Is it possible to get the source code for the Android app?
I am also interested in the source code of the "raspivid" command that you modified.

My project is to use the StereoPi with a binocular magnifier (to solder SMDs) and 2 cameras placed on the eyepieces.

Kind regards
Marcel

srathinagiri

Post by srathinagiri »

Any new version for the Android app for V2?