Fresh Raspbian Image Start-up

S.L.P. image questions, stereoscopic video livestream and recording, stereoscopic photo capture etc.
RoggieC

Fresh Raspbian Image Start-up

Post by RoggieC »

Hello,

I am currently trying to both cameras to work on the Stereopi, but I keep receiving the error: “Cannot read camera info, keeping the defaults for 0V5647.” I got the SLP working, but now I am trying to run from a fresh Raspbian image. I put the dt-blob.bin into the Boot partition as instructed on the Wiki, but the error keeps occurring.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: Fresh Raspbian Image Start-up

Post by Realizator »

Hi RoggieC,
If SLP works fine, then hardware part is Ok. Let's check some settings.
I have a few things to check on the top of my mind:
1. Please check you enabled the cameras in the fresh Raspberry OS install. This can be done over GIU, or from the terminal (sudo raspi-config).
2. The file in our Wiki is archived (zip). Please unzip it before the placing to BOOT
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

RoggieC

Post by RoggieC »

Hello Realizator,

Thank you for the last suggestion; however, we still appear to be receiving the same error code after making those changes. After attempting to install a new raspberry pi OS, we are not able to find the “stereopi.conf” file which may be affecting this. Are you aware of where this file could be located or how it could be replaced?

Thank you,
Attachments
Error Code
Error Code
EE7375CE-A108-4E00-8B6A-6AE77C1986E2.jpeg (3.99 MiB) Viewed 8799 times

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

RoggieC, the fresh RaspiOS have no "stereopi.conf", as it is SLP-specific file.
The errors I see on your screenshot say cameras are not detected. If this setup works fine with the SLP, it means this is the software issue.
Could you please confirm that you followed this step with the fresh RaspiOS install:
Download dt-blob.zip, unarchive it, and put the file to the /boot partition on the micro SD card
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator