SLP2 discussion

S.L.P. image questions, stereoscopic video livestream and recording, stereoscopic photo capture etc.
Realizator
Site Admin

SLP2 discussion

Post by Realizator »

SLP2 (or StereoPi Livestream Playground v2) is a specially cooked Raspberry OS, designed for the stereoscopic video live stream and recording, and for the stereoscopic photo experiments. You can take a look at some features in this brief video on YouTube.

<><><><><><><><>
SLP2 Raspi OS is published now.
You can find more details in the SLP2 Guide in our Wiki.

<><><><><><><><>

Here is the early testers access:

1. SLP 2 image file (800Mb).

2. Update (please install!). Update file 0.8.9 (11 Mb)
To install the update, go to the "System" tab in the "Device settings" and upload this file. Or just put it to the BOOT partition manually.

3. Config file (cosmostreamer.conf) example is attached.
Key notes:
Ethernet access does not require any settings
Default WiFi settings (AP mode) are done for the CM4 or Pi4 (rows 35-43 in the attached file)
For external WiFi configuration (client mode):
- turn off AP mode, i.e. change row 37 "ap_iface=int" to "ap_iface="
- row 67 - change "wifi_iface=" to "wifi_iface=ext"
- rows 70 and 73 - put your WiFi name and password

Note: like with the SLP 1, this image is a simplified version of our Cosmostreamer solution. So don't be confused if you find both StereoPi and Cosmostreamer names in the code. :-)

Known issues (to be fixed):
1. Default video bitrate at the first start is 3Kbit/sec. Manually change it to 3000000 to fix.
2. The following image effects are not working correctly in the stereoscopic mode (Raspberry OS issue):
pasterise
pastel
gpen
hatch
emboss
negative
They will be removed from the video effects list.
Attachments
cosmostreamer.conf.zip
(1.84 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

zoldaten

Re: SLP2 discussion

Post by zoldaten »

hi!

I use SLP with stereopi v.1 loads from eMMC.
Can i use boot from SD-card with SLP v.2 just for try ? Or i should overwrite it first on eMMC ?

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Hi Zoldaten,
If your CM3 is equipped with the eMMC, you can't use the micro SD. So please upload it to eMMC.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

zoldaten

Post by zoldaten »

hi!

I`ve uploaded to CM3 stereopi SLP2 but have blank screen with only GUI-
2021-04-14_22h18_14.jpg
2021-04-14_22h18_14.jpg (10.23 KiB) Viewed 15968 times
I ckecked cameras presented and server working connected by SSH to stereopi -
2021-04-14_22h21_03.jpg
2021-04-14_22h21_03.jpg (27.26 KiB) Viewed 15968 times
And i couldn`t start up AP ( May be something here should be done -
2021-04-14_22h23_19.jpg
2021-04-14_22h23_19.jpg (9.94 KiB) Viewed 15968 times
Where to find what means what ?

Thanks for patience.

zoldaten

Post by zoldaten »

ok. got it working. just needed to set up camera settings in options menu.

kuehfuss

Post by kuehfuss »

Dear Realizator,
i´m struggling to get the SLP 2 working on my steropi 1 with Rpi module 3. Everything seems to work but the preview in the browser does not refresh (its just a solid picture from the first load of the page). Also the recording does not work. It shows that it is recording when i press the red button but there is no file after stopping it.

kuehfuss

Post by kuehfuss »

I figured out that the function of the browser preview depends on the resolution witch I chose in the camera settings for video. Everything upon 720p stops the preview. Nevertheless the recording doesn´t work for me, regardless of resolution, bitrate or other camera settings.

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

kuehfuss, thank you for this catch!
We also found this issue in the latest release, and will release the update soon!
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

kkolehma

Post by kkolehma »

Hi,

Is it possible to install livestream application to OpenCV StereoPi image? I had some difficulties installing SLP2 image on compute module 4 and I installing SLP2 stuff on OpenCV image would be nice possibility.

Cheers,
Kari

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Hi kkolehma,
SLP2 is an extremely specific and optimized image. It's very difficult to install/mix it with the regular Raspbian image (or OpenCV).
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

kkolehma

Post by kkolehma »

Realizator wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:17 am
Hi kkolehma,
SLP2 is an extremely specific and optimized image. It's very difficult to install/mix it with the regular Raspbian image (or OpenCV).
Ok thanks. I think I am going to take another shot flashing the CM4 with SLP image

kkolehma

Post by kkolehma »

Ok I got SLP2 image flashed OK.

About the Wifi: I get cosmostreamer to act as access point and I can connect to the camera with laptop ok. I would like the stereo pi to connect my home wifi but I haven't been able to get it join network for some reason.
Cosmostreamer.conf file seem to have few settings that are relevant. First one is ap_iface and so on that setup stereo pi as an accesspoint. It does work. Then there is wifi_iface settings that would logically be the same as those in stereopi.conf file, but adding network information to those settings does not get stereopi to join network... Am I missing some setting or having bad luck otherwise?

Based on quick testing I have been able to do so far there is couple of things I need to get right. First I only got recording working for 1280x720p setting (I have HQ Raspi cameras) setting cameras to 1080p seemed to hang the interface. Other thing is that my lenses are 2.1mm crap CCTV lenses and their field of view is less than 180°. It there a setting where you can change lens parameters? From shell or somewhere (GUI does not seem to have any settings for lens parameters)

--- Kari