Video playback? speed problems

S.L.P. image questions, stereoscopic video livestream and recording, stereoscopic photo capture etc.
peterfiabigron

Video playback? speed problems

Post by peterfiabigron »

Hello,

I have some problems with video capturing.
My stereo videos are faster in playback than normal, something between 1,5x - 2x speed. Could you help with it? What could have caused this?

Thanks!
Gábor

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: Video playback? speed problems

Post by Realizator »

Hello Gábor,

This usually happens when you are trying to play the raw h264 video, but not the video packed to the container (like mp4).

Could you please share your video settings with me? The resolution, frame rate, and video format.

Also, could you please clarify the version of the SLP2 you are using?
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

peterfiabigron

Post by peterfiabigron »

Dear Eugene,

I am using firmware version 0.15.3
RPI CM4 Rev1

My video settings:
1920x1080
30fps
5000000bitrate
H264 settings are empty
Transport: udp
Mjpeg streem on host enabled (i disabled it because it made preview disappear on phone, which is connected as wifi router, via stereopi's ip address)

Currently, i am using mkv format, but it was the same with mp4 as well. From SDcard DCIM folder i download the ...h264.mkv file from the two (not the ...h264 version)
But as i have checked, for mkv my phone adds the following ending when i download the file: h264.mkv.webm. it is not present for mp4 videos but the phenomenon is the same

In image settings everything is auto except EV=0, image effect and metering mode is empty.

Thank you for your time on this!
Gábor

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Hi Gábor,

Thank you for the details!

I will be pleased if you can record a tiny test video (like 10 seconds) and share it with me for analysis. I'm curious to find the issue!
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

peterfiabigron

Post by peterfiabigron »

Dear Eugene,

Thank you for your tireless support!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uRvbyn ... sp=sharing
On the above link I shared a test video.

Unfortunately, since then I realised that on the upper right corner I sometimes have "WLAN ~50-64C health bad" warning. Sometimes health is ok. I usually use my smartphone as wifirouter to control the device, and connect the phone also as power source through type-c usb. I have the issue that sometimes both the device and the control panel froze, sometimes only the control panel on phone e.g. during recording. Other times it records and works fine. Do you have any idea what can be wrong? As far as I am aware, I followed the wiki instructions.

Thank you!
Gábor