First Boot

S.L.P. image questions, stereoscopic video livestream and recording, stereoscopic photo capture etc.
Blinky

First Boot

Post by Blinky »

Is the disk that came with the deluxe edition bootable or does it need work? Mine is stuck on the white stereo pi screen. I do not have the cameras attached yet as I was trying out the compute module. I do have the ethernet cable attached.

Regards,
Blinky

Realizator
Site Admin

Re: First Boot

Post by Realizator »

Blinky wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:48 pm
Is the disk that came with the deluxe edition bootable or does it need work? Mine is stuck on the white stereo pi screen. I do not have the cameras attached yet as I was trying out the compute module. I do have the ethernet cable attached.

Regards,
Blinky
Your microsd includes our SLP Raspbian image. It is not intended for working with keyboard and mouse, and designed to work via administration panel.
You can read details in our Wiki here: S.L.P. Raspbian Image

Some key points for your case:
1. If you connect 2 cameras, you will see both cameras preview on your monitor. You can use this feature in the future for camera alignment.
2. You are using Ethernet RJ45 connector. This means you don't need to do any network settings, connection will be established automatically.
3. To find your device in a local network, you can use several approaches:
- use our Android application
- from Windows 10, Mac OS and iOS - open in your browser stereopi.local
- use IP scanner software to find StereoPi IP address in your network
4. You may also look at How do you find StereoPi in your network?" section in our Wiki.
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator

Blinky

Post by Blinky »

Thank you for your excellent answer.

On my mobile android phone I use an app called Fing to locate things on my network, you might like it. It allows you to search for open ports on your network items as well.

Regards,
Blinky

Realizator
Site Admin

Post by Realizator »

Blinky wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:02 pm
Thank you for your excellent answer.

On my mobile android phone I use an app called Fing to locate things on my network, you might like it. It allows you to search for open ports on your network items as well.

Regards,
Blinky
Blinky, thank you for Fing notice - I'll add it to my personal tools! :-)
Eugene a.k.a. Realizator